My answer to What are behavioral habits of entrepreneurs?
Answer by Ken Larson:
1.They do not promise what they cannot deliver
2.They do not overextend their resources and get a reputation for poor performance.
3. They do not tell the customer what he or she wants to hear. They tell them what they need to know. Their customers respect them for it.
4. They network constantly on professional sites such Quora, hitting the "Answers" feature and accumulating an "Expert" rating from peers.
5. They blog like there is no tomorrow. A blog is quite different than a web site. They provide good, solid information free of charge and use blog searches for synergistic businesses to team with. Teaming is an absolute necessity these days.
6. They are prepared to provide information, samples and valuable service gratis as a marketing tool. They introduce themselves and then immediately engage the client with their presentation tools available to bring expertise to whatever topic the client is interested in. They let the client take them take you where they want to go with their concerns and their needs. They apply their presentation tools and expertise dynamically on the fly in a sincere manner to those concerns and needs and they are in demand for follow up business.
7. They quote and bill what the client can afford and grow with him (in content and resources).
8. They are dedicated to working themselves out of a job with a specific customer and having the client take over by training him. The client then recommends them to 10 others.
9. They remember growth is a function of persistence and foresight. They know where their market is headed and get their first – then they write and speak about their success indirectly by helping others. They demonstrate humility and a satisfaction in helping others succeed. Their clients find ways to give them credit. They know there are ways of tooting one’s horn without making peoples' lights go out.
10. They understand word of mouth advertising from pleased clients is a sure ticket to success.