My answer to What are the signs of a lucrative business?
Answer by Ken Larson:
1. Delivering what they promise.
2. Housing dequate resources permitting a solid reputation for good performance.
3. Not telling the customer what he or she wants to hear; instead telling them what they need to know and being respected for it.
4. Networking constantly on professional sites such as Quora. Hitting the "Answers" feature and accumulating an "Expert" rating from peers.
5. Blogging like there is no tomorrow. A blog is quite different than a web site. Providing good, solid information free of charge and using blog searches for synergistic businesses with whom to team. Teaming is an absolute necessity these days.
6. Being prepared to provide information, samples and valuable service gratis as a marketing tool. Introducing the company and then immediately engaging the client with presentation tools available to bring expertise to whatever topic interests the customer.
Letting the client take them where they want to go with their concerns and their needs. Applying presentation tools and expertise dynamically on the fly in a sincere manner to those concerns and needs and as a result becoming in demand for follow up business.
7. Quoting and billing what the client can afford and growing with him (in content and resources).
8. Being dedicated to working the company out of a job with a specific customer and having the client take over by training him as he recommends the company to 10 others.
9. Knowing that growth is a function of persistence and foresight. Understanding where the market is headed and getting their first – then writing and speaking about the company success indirectly by helping others. Demonstrating humility and a satisfaction in helping others succeed. Clients find ways to give them credit. Knowing there are ways of tooting the company horn without making peoples' lights go out.
10. Developing word of mouth advertising from pleased clients as a sure ticket to success.